Our reflections may not be a perfect picture but it is a critical skill to keep our learning on the move. In Thing 8 you can review the excellent video (6 mins) on reflective writing and review the tools suggested. At this end of a digital literacy journey we want to accomplish two things. Firstly, to reflect on critical learning points of the journey and to see if there has been an improvement or change in our digital literacy.
Thing 1 outlined a tool called ‘All Aboard’ which had a self-measuring tool. The first activity in Try will revisit that tool. By reflecting on change we can enhance our learning and be able to plan for future activities.
Reflective Practice can be defined as the capacity to reflect on actions so as to engage in a process of continuous learning (Schön, 1983).
Read Wendy’s Facilitator reflection below, then take a look at the activities under ‘Try’ and finally, share your thoughts and comments with us under ‘Share’. Thank you for spending a little more time this week to improve your digital literacy!
- If you completed the activity in Thing 1 – Complete the ‘All Aboard’ activity to compare the picture of your digital literacy. Have they moved? Is it what you expected?
- Did you write a Reflection at the point of Thing 8? Review the writing and write another reflection of your work towards improving your digital literacy.
- Send us some feedback! Approach one or more of these questions:
- How has this program of professional development worked for you?
- The flexibility of order and timeframes was intentional, did this help you in working in the areas that you needed?
- Did you have any difficulties completing the Try activities?
- Was there a Thing that had something which surprised you or one that you particularly enjoyed?
Rolfe, G., Freshwater, D., Jasper, M. (2001) Critical reflection in nursing and the helping professions: a user’s guide. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
Schön, D. A. (1983). The reflective practitioner: How professionals think in action. New York: Basic Books.
Thing 23 was written by Wendy Taleo