These lists are compiled by the facilitators of 23 Things and cover a range of topics related to digital literacy. Add your favorite blog, website or podcast that relates to 23 Things areas by commenting below.
- Decoding Digital LiteracyJo Coldwell-Neilson runs this website.
- Professional Literacy Suite – a course wide approach to embedding digital literacyFrom the ASCILITE TELall Blog
- Social Media in Higher Education: Case Studies, Reflections and Analysisby Chris Rowell
Open Book Publishers have Paperback and Hardback and free options of pdf, epub, mobi and xml.
- The Ed TechieMartin Weller writes the byline as “blog on open education, digital scholarship & over-stretched metaphors”
- Learning Technology: A handbook for FE Teachers and AssessorsThis very readable and practical book by Daniel Scott walks through the stages of the training and assessment cycle, equipping the reader with the knowledge and skills to develop engaging and interactive online material. Topics include when to use elearning, barriers to implementing elearning, the importance of digital capabilities and offers a variety of ways to keep up to date with digital technologies.
Whilst written for a UK Further Education audience, it’s also highly relevant for those working in the Australian VET system.
Available from the CDU Alice Springs library (Ref 371.33 SCOT).
Connect with Daniel on Twitter @_Daniel_Scott
- Digital learning in organizations: Help your workforce capitalize on technologyDeveloped through interviews with world leaders in workplace learning and educational technology, this book by Steve Wheeler explores the history of learning technology and moves through a range of case studies exploring the changing contexts of today’s workplaces, gamification, augmented reality and the power of online networks.
Available from CDU Alice Springs library (Ref 658.24 WHEE)
Connect with Steve on Twitter @SteveWheeler
- eLearning Stuff by James ClayJames has been inspiring others to explore using technology in learning for almost twenty years. He blogs regularly about elearning stuff. And coffee. Don’t miss one of his most popular posts, I don’t have a dog.
Connect with James on Twitter @jamesclay
- It’s time to end the era of wasteful and overpriced textbooks
- DEL #10 - Chris RowellInterview with Natalie Lafferty and Pat Lockley about pressEd conference 2018
An interview that covers learning, technology and social media on MixCloud.
- Social Media Stories by Adam BrownAdam Brown is Senior Lecturer in Digital Media at Deakin University in Melbourne.
His Episode 10 of Social Media Stories focuses on the impact of social media on education with the help of an experienced educator and digital learning researcher.
Connect with Adam on Twitter @digitalzones
Share your writing for 23 Things, register your blog through Thing 3 and it will be shared here.
Thank you for the reading list. I am attracted by the book Social Media in Higher Education: Case Studies, Reflections and Analysis. It’s worth reading.